Android TV is a fantastic solution for anyone looking for a versatile gadget for simple entertainment streaming. If you’ve just bought one, you’re probably excited to find out what it can do for you. Downloading your favorite apps is the easiest way to get started. But how, and can you install whatever program you want? This article contains the solutions. We will take you through the steps of to help you Download Apps on Android TV.
How to Install Apps from the Google Play Store on an Android TV
The simplest way to download apps for your Android TV is from the official app store, Google Play. If you own an Android phone, you’re already acquainted with how this marketplace operates. Even if you’ve never used it before, you’ll notice how simple it is to navigate.
Here are the steps for downloading an app from the Google Play to your Android TV:
- Switch on your television and go to the home screen.
- Go to “Apps” and launch the Google Play Store. Because this is Android’s primary app store, it will come pre-installed on your TV.
- Look in the store for the apps. You can locate the products you’re looking for by using the search box.
- Scroll up and down between categories to browse the collection. Go to the right once you’ve found a category you’re interested in to see its items.
- Choose the game/ app that you want to download.
- Install the program on your Android TV by following the on-screen directions.
If you’re ready to download a premium app, you may be asked to provide your payment information. To add your preferred payment method, simply follow the on-screen instructions. It is important to note that you can only download apps that are compatible with your TV. These may differ from those found on mobile devices. To get a list of all your downloaded apps and games, perform the following steps:
- Go to the home screen of the TV and scroll down to “Settings.”
- Go to the “Apps” area.
You may also check your downloaded apps in the Play Store:
- On your TV, launch the Play Store app.
- Choose “My applications” from the top menu.
- Choose “Apps installed” and navigate to the app you want to launch.
If you see a “Updates available” symbol beneath any of the apps in the list, you can use it to optimize your app. As you can see, installing apps from the official store is a piece of cake. But how can you get and install APK files? Find out more in the video below.
How to Download and Install APK Applications on an Android TV
Apps in the APK file type can be downloaded and installed by Android TV users. Although there are several steps, the process is pretty simple. APK files can be installed on your Android TV by sending them from your smartphone. You can also utilize USB flash drives, a microSD card, or an even more straightforward method: transfer the files directly from your phone to your TV. We’ll review how to use the “Send Files to TV” app and a cloud service to transmit APK files from your smartphone to your Android TV. But there is something you must do first.
Accept Applications from Unknown Sources
Because APK files are usually installed outside of the Play Store, your Android TV will identify them as coming from “Unknown Sources.” You must allow the system to recognize them as such. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to the “Settings” option from the home page of your Android TV.
- Go to the “Security and Limitations” section.
- In the “Security” menu, look for the “Unknown Sources” toggle. To activate it, click the toggle.
- Accept the warning to complete the setup.
- Now that we’ve cleared that up, let’s go on to the effective instructions.
Upload APK Files to Your Android TV Sending Files to TV
You can utilize the “Send Files to TV” software to transfer any file type, including APKs, to your TV. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Install the “Send Files to TV” app on your Android TV and smartphone by clicking the link above.
- Download a file manager app for your Android TV, such as File Commander.
- On your smartphone, save the APK file.
- On both devices, launch the “Send Files to TV” app. To access the main screen with the “Send” and “Receive” buttons, follow the on-screen instructions.
- On your smartphone, press “Send” and look for the APK file.
Choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
The file will be available in your TV’s “Downloads” folder.
The Send Files to TV app just allows you to transfer files to your TV; it does not install them.
Installing APKs on Android TV
Follow the steps below to complete the installation:
- Launch the File Commander program that you previously downloaded to your television.
- Choose “Internal Storage” from the drop-down menu.
- Check for the APK file you sent from your phone. By default, it is in the “Downloads” folder.
- Choose “Install” after pressing the file name or icon. If you see a prompt stating that the app is from an unknown source, allow this option by following the steps in the “Allow Applications From an Unknown Source” section.
- Wait for the installation to finish before you begin using the app on your TV.
With the Cloud, you can transfer and install APK files to your Android TV.
Another simple method is to use cloud storage software such as OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox. To use this method, you’ll need to install File Commander or another file manager tool on your TV.
You can instantly transfer and install APK files on your TV thanks to File Commander’s interaction with various cloud services. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Upload the APK file to your favorite cloud storage app after downloading it to your smartphone.
- Launch the File Commander app on your television.
- Go to the menu and select the “Add Cloud” option.
- Log in to your account after selecting your cloud storage platform. The TV may request permission, which you should grant.
- Search for the APK file in your cloud account.
- Choose the file. A notice stating “Staging app” will appear.
- Wait for the installation procedure to finish before you begin using the app on your Android TV.
Android TVs are ideal for installing third-party applications. You can select from thousands of Play Store options or APK files acquired elsewhere. The “Send Files to TV” app or cloud storage are the most convenient ways to download APKs. To install APK files, regardless of the transfer method, it is suggested that you install a reputable file manager. Hopefully now can easily Download Apps on Android TV. What was the first application you installed on your Android TV? Did you use File Commander or another file management program? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.