In this blog, we will teach you how to lock your Facebook profile on Android or iOS, as well as through the mobile website.
Facebook is an excellent place to socialise without making physical touch. We prefer to obtain all of our information about our loved ones, friends, family, and more through social media platform, which has become a vital part of our life. This, however, means that it becomes a channel for stalkers. We have all been in situations where stalkers continuously check your profile or unwelcome people download your profile images to build false accounts, among other things.
To combat this, Facebook recently implemented a new safety tool known as Facebook Profile Lock. Users can now have more control over their profiles thanks to this functionality. This function is quite useful for people who want to entirely hide their profile from strangers or stalkers. In this article, we’ll teach you how to lock your Facebook profile on Android or iOS, as well as through the mobile website. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How Does Facebook Profile Lock Work?
Profile lock is a new safety feature released by Facebook. Users can use this feature to restrict access to their profile to those who are not on their friend list. Other persons who are not on the user’s friends list will be unable to view the profile once it has been locked. They will also be unable to download the profile and cover photos. According to the firm, users cannot see photographs or posts.
They also have no access to the Stories that a user has added to his profile. Furthermore, the Lock Profile feature converts previously shared posts from Public to Friends. The timeline review and tag review are also enabled. This implies that others must seek your permission to tag you in their posts. Furthermore, only a subset of their About information will be accessible to everyone who views their profile. Now that you understand how Facebook’s lock your profile feature works let’s take a deeper look at how to lock your Facebook profile on various devices.
How Do I Lock My Facebook Account on Android and iPhone?
The Facebook Android and iOS apps make it simple to protect your profile from stalkers. Here’s how to lock your Facebook profile step by step:
- Launch the Facebook app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three-dot menu next to the ‘Add to Story’ area now.
- The ‘Lock Profile’ option can be found here. When you tap it, you’ll be transported to the Lock Profile page.
- To confirm, tap the ‘Lock Your Profile’ button.
- Your Facebook profile has now been secured.
How to Secure Your Facebook Profile on a Website
You can also lock your profile by accessing Facebook from a desktop browser. You just have to do is follow the steps below:
- Log in to your account by typing facebook.com into your browser.
- To open your profile, click on it.
- The three-dot menu will appear there.
- Tap it to access the Lock Profile option.
- A pop-up message will appear explaining how to lock your profile and including the Lock Your Profile button at the bottom.
- To lock your profile, click on it.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile?
You can also unlock your profile whenever you want on Facebook. All you have to do is follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Facebook app on your mobile device or facebook.com on your desktop computer.
- Click on the three-dot menu in your Profile section.
- There is an option to Unlock the profile there. When you click on it, a pop-up notice will appear.
- Unlock profile should be selected.
Facebook posts, images, albums, and other content
When a Facebook profile is closed, only their friends may see their profile posts, images, albums, and stories. Public posts can no longer be made from one’s profile. The same is true with photographs, albums, and stories.
What country has a Facebook lock profile?
According to the firm, the Facebook profile lock option is only available in a few regions. India, Afghanistan, Egypt, Iraq, Myanmar, Morocco, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Ukraine are among the countries on the list.
Profile photographs, cover photos, and feature photos?
When a person locks his or her Facebook profile, only individuals in the user’s friends list will be able to view the photographs. People who aren’t on your friend list will see a scaled-down version of your profile and cover photo. Everyone will be able to see the current profile and cover photos, but they will not be able to open them. Furthermore, only friends can tag, comment on, or like the profile or cover photo.